Inspecting Your Fire Alarm
Your fire alarm system serves as a safety system which provides to your property, as well as the people and possessions in it, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Ensuring that your system is able to properly operate and communicate is a crucial and often overlooked part of maintaining a fire alarm system. In order to safeguard your system, regular testing and maintenance is essential. Not all impairments to a fire alarm system are immediately noticed, creating component damage or, in the worst case, failure to respond in the event of an emergency.
There are other key benefits to having a fire alarm system inspected, and, while they may not seem to be of immediate importance, they can save you time, money and hassle in the long term.
- If Fire Alarms are not working correctly, they will increase liability claims by tenants, employees, customers etc. if a fire occurs.
- Insurance Companies require proof of inspection that your fire alarm is in proper working order.
- National Fire Alarm Code states that fire alarm testing is required by law.
- When it is necessary to file a claim though your insurance in case of a fire, it can be rejected without the proof of insurance.
- If the alarm system in use is impaired it can lead to business interruption or closure by local authorities.
- Proper testing and inspecting of fire alarm systems may have a positive impact on the manufacturer’s warranty.
- An operable fire alarm system will provide the occupants peace of mind, knowing that it is a safe environment.
Because a fire alarm system contains a number of unique parts that vary in technology, function, and testing procedures, it is important that a properly licensed fire alarm professional perform your inspection.
Security Systems of America (SSA) is Pittsburgh’s premier full-service fire alarm provider and inspection services, as well as the only local alarm company to offer AES radio monitoring of fire alarm systems which means no phone lines are required. SSA has the tools, the knowledge and the experience to ensure that your system is in the proper working order, ensuring the safety of your property and the people in it.
For more information on Security Systems of America’s fire alarm inspection services, or commercial and residential fire alarm and life safety systems, contact them today, where their experienced team of professionals will be happy to set up an expert consultation at your convenience.